Oricon releases their 2010 yearly ranking for “Artist Total Sales”!
Oricon has stamped the end of 2010 with the release of their yearly ranking for “Artist Total Sales“. The ranking is based on the gross total sales of CDs (both singles and albums), DVDs, and Blu-Ray Discs.
We’ve got the list of the ‘top 5′ artists with the highest record of sales down below!
1. Arashi – ￥17.163 billion/￥17,163,000,000 (approximately $204,321,424)
2. Tohoshinki - ￥9.431 billion/￥9,431,000,000 (approximately $112,273,808)
3. AKB48 – ￥7.092 billion/￥7,092,000,000 (approximately $84,408,472)
4. EXILE – ￥6.015 billion/￥6,015,000,000 (approximately $71,590,096)
5. Ikimonogakari – ￥5.618 billion/￥5,618,000,000 (approximately $66,865,032)
※None of the artists above have sales for Blu-Ray Discs
Those numbers are astounding, but they definitely provide solid statistics of the artists’ popularity!
Oricon has compiled total sales data for the top artists of 2010, counting singles, albums, and DVDs. This year's top artist was Arashi, with more than 17.16 billion yen worth of sales. In fact, Arashi ranks as the #1 artist in seven different categories: Total gross sales for an artist; Total gross single sales for an artist; Copies sold for an album; Gross sales for an album; Copies sold for a music DVD; Gross sales for a music DVD; Total gross music DVD sales for an artist.
Arashi easily outdid their numbers from 2009, when they were also the #1 selling artist at 14.46 billion yen.
Among new artists, Korean girl groups KARA and SNSD were the top sellers of the year.
Total Artist Sales: (mentioned above already)
- KARA (1.30 billion yen)
- SNSD (0.88 billion yen)
- WEAVER (0.13 billion yen)
WEAVER in top 3?! *throws confettis*