Arama They Didn't

11:04 pm - 05/10/2012

AKB48’s Takahashi Minami cuts her hair due to fire accident

On May 9th, it was reported that AKB48’s Takahashi Minami cut her hair after being involved in a fire incident.

According to persons concerned with the investigation, the incident happened on May 4th around 2:30 pm. Before going in to work, Takahashi went shopping at a clothing store in Sarugakucho, Shibuya. She had been carrying a paper bag from a different store in her right hand. The shop was decorated with aroma candles, and one of the candles lit Takahashi’s paper bag on fire. The fire was immediately put out by the store clerks, and no one was hurt.

At the time of the incident, Takahashi said that she smelled something burning. She then realized that her bag was on fire. After the fire alarm went off, a store clerk called 119 (Emergency Telephone Number in Japan).

On May 4th, Takahashi updated her blog reporting that she had cut her hair and uploaded a photo of herself. Then on the 9th, fans started to speculate that her haircut was the result of the fire accident.

That same night, AKB48 held their performance, ‘Tadaima Renaichu‘, at Tokyo Dome City Hall. Halfway through the show, Takahashi announced, “There was a happening while I was shopping in my private time,” and explained the incident, “The left half of my hair burned.” She then revealed that she had to cut her hair because she had work in about 4 hours, and concluded by bowing her head, “I’m sorry.”

The accident took place at a popular women’s clothing store. During a interview with Sankei Sports, a female worker of the store commented, “On that day, Takahashi-san came to the store by herself. There are no supervisors at the moment, so I don’t know. For safety reasons, we have removed the aroma candles after the commotion.”


Takamina apologized for worrying people (because of the rumors about the fire), not just because she cut her hair.
coika 11th-May-2012 10:12 am (UTC)
I really have a hard time believing that she smell of her bag burning is what alerted her to the fire instead of the smell of her hair on fire.

Burning hair is one of the WORST smells out there, and it lingers. When I was in middle school a classmate of mine was leaning back in his chair and his hair accidentally caught fire from a candle on the teacher's desk behind him. The smell was horrible... had to air out the classroom for the rest of the day.
funkaliciousss 11th-May-2012 01:27 pm (UTC)
maybe her hair was too big for her to detect it?
coika 12th-May-2012 05:04 am (UTC)
How would having big hair make it not smell bad..?

Surely if she had to cut that much off, her hair got singed pretty badly.

Unless she cut her hair as way to apologize for what happened... Though that's not the impression I got from the article.
funkaliciousss 12th-May-2012 05:19 am (UTC)
lol i was just jk! her hair was really huge tho lol.

i think this whole story is bs tbh, they were probably just talking crap and trying to link the two incidents together to make the fans laugh.
coika 12th-May-2012 12:28 pm (UTC)
Sorry, I should prob stay off arama early in the morning! ;A;

IA with you.
This page was loaded Apr 28th 2017, 6:01 pm GMT.