11:50 pm - 11/10/2012
SMAP‘s Nakai Masahiro is one of the multi-millionaires in the industry, earning as much as 700 million Yen just from his TV shows and CMs, so it was quite a surprise when he shared his impoverished childhood.
Last Oct 31st, SMAP’s Nakai Masahiro featured well-to-do guests for his NTV program titled “Nakai no Mado“. In the said episode with theme “rich in gold but poor in heart”, Nakai’s guests were born rich, never had problems with money, and can buy or give expensive items. After listening to their stories, Nakai can’t help but share his childhood home.
According to Nakai, there are times when they can’t buy enough rice for the entire family because they have little money. There is no bath in the house. The rooms were small, only 4 tatami mats, and five family members sleeps in one room. Eating a Yoshinoya beef bowl is too expensive, so they settle for McDonald’s once in a while. He will be pinch by his parent if he chose medium-sized burger and drinks instead of the small one. It’s hard to imagine that Nakai’s childhood home was that poor.
Afterwards, netizens commented on Nakai’s story, like:
- Old McDonald’s is by no means cheap.
- Isn’t the hamburger only 210Yen when Nakai was a kid? If he can’t afford it, then he must be really poor.
- Doesn’t mean anything coming from a millionaire.
- Nothing but a lie! He even went to Hiratsuka (private) School.
- Pls. remember that in old days, it’s already considered a feast if you eat rice with butter or soy sauce.
credits MIKU at Jnewseng