Singer Superfly has announced that she will commence her 2011 activities and that there will be 3 major events.
First, she will be doing a special live broadcasted nationwide on FM52. Second, she will release a double A-side single with a movie tie-in. Finally, she will embark on a nationwide tour, where she will do 35 shows in 32 cities.
The nationwide broadcast is called “National Broadcast FM and KDDI present MEET THE MUSIC LIVE with Superfly”, and will take place on March 20 from 7 PM – 8 PM. Her new song, “Sunshine Sunshine”, will be used as the campaign song.
The Meet the Music Live campaign is an effort to revitalize FM radio in Japan. Previously, artists such as Kuwata Keisuke, Kobukuro, and Remioromen have been featured on the show, who decided to feature Superfly for a 1-night special live.
As this live is a nationwide simultaneous broadcast, the goal is to present an artist who can use music to bring people closer through radio and to make music that can be enjoyed universally. March 20 will also see Superfly perform live in Okinawa for the first time, at the Okinawa Naha Namura Hall.
Superfly created the song “Sunshine Sunshine” specially for the Meet the Music Live Campaign. According to her label staff, the goal of the song was “to create an artists who loves music, and who can use music to bring people closer through radio“, and the song is described as organic and refreshing. “Sunshine Sunshine” will be available as a cellphone download on January 21 exclusively on au, and on January 28 on all carriers.
When speaking of her upcoming schedule, Superfly said:
“For me, music and singing is like taking a deep breath. I feel the essence of life strongly, and it’s something we share together during a live performance. Whether with many people or by yourself, music travels and resets itself in your heart, and seems to help the days go by. This is what I feel when I sing. This live radio broadcast will be a first for me. Live music really is the best, after all. I’ll try my best to deliver a powerful live through the radio waves!”
Along with “Sunshine Sunshine”, the song “Beep!!” will be included, which is being used as the theme song to the movie “Manzai Gang”. The single will be released on March 9.
The movie “Manzai Gang” will be released on March 19th, and it was written, produced, and directed by Shinagawa Hiroshi. The film stars Sato Ryuta, Kamiji Yusuke, Ayabe Yuji, Miyakawa Daisuke, and Akiyama Ryuji. The flick fuses action, comedy, and teen film elements, and is described as a touching coming-of-age story. In keeping with the film’s style, “Beep!” is a groovy and energetic rock n’ roll tune.
Finally, Superfly will embark on a nationwide tour. Beginning June 25 in Toda, Saitama and continuing until October 2, Superfly will be playing 35 shows in 32 cities. Tickets will go on sale May 29.
“Beep!!/Sunshine Sunshine”, on sale March 9
- Sunshine Sunshine
- Title TBA
- First Press DVD: Contents TBA
- June 25: Toda City Cultural Hall
- June 28: Shizuoka City Citizen’s Cultural Hall, Large Hall
- June 30: Hiroshima City Cultural Exchange Hall
- July 2: Shimane Prefecture Citizen’s Hall
- July 4: Kurashiki City Citizen’s Hall
- July 7: Mie Prefecture Cultural Hall, Large Hall
- July 9: Nagoya Century Hall
- July 11: Kobe International Hall, International Hall
- July 13: Osaka International Meeting Hall, Main Hall
- July 14: Osaka International Meeting Hall, Main Hall
- July 19: Kyoto Hall, First Hall
- July 21: Toyama Prefecture Citizen’s Hall
- July 22: Ishikawa Prefecture Hondanomori Hall
- August 4: Tokyo International Forum, Hall A
- August 5: Tokyo International Forum, Hall A
- August 10: Niigata Prefecture Citizen’s Hall, Large Hall
- August 12: Fukuoka Sun Palace
- August 14: Kagoshima City Citizen’s Cultural Hall 1
- August 16: Kumamoto City Citizen’s Hall, Large Hall
- August 17: Miyazaki City Citizen’s Cultural Hall
- August 27: Utsunomiya City Cultural Hall, Large Hall
- August 29: Kanagawa Prefecture Citizens Hall
- September 1: Hokkaido, Nitori Cultural Hall
- September 2: Hokkaido, Nitori Cultural Hall
- September 4: Kushiro City Citizen’s Cultural Hall, Large Hall
- September 7: Aomori City Cultural Hall, Large Hall
- September 9: Morioka City Cultural Hall
- September 11: Yamagata Prefecture Citizen’s Hall
- September 13: Sendai Sun Plaza Hall
- September 15: Nagano, Hokuto Cultural Hall, Large Hall
- September 18: Tokushima City Public Cultural Center
- September 19: Alpha Anabuki Hall
- September 21: Kouchi Prefecture Public Citizen’s Cultural Hall
- September 23: Ehime Prefecture Citizen’s Cultural Hall
- October 2: Okinawa Convention Center Stage
<Radio Live Details>
“National Broadcast FM and KDDI present MEET THE MUSIC LIVE with Superfly”
March 20, 7pm-8pm
FM52 Radio Station, Nationwide
Live from Namura Hall, Okinawa Prefecture, Naha City
Manzai Gang, in theaters March 19
Script, Production, Direction: Shinagawa Hiroshi (original work by Littlemore Publishing)
Starring: Sato Ryuta, Kamiji Yusuke, Ishihara Satomi, Ayabe Yuji, Arai Hirofumi, Miyakawa Daisuke, Akiyama Ryuji, Sasano Takashi