Arashi’s Kazunari Ninomiya’s 2010 drama “フリーター、家を買う (Freeter, Ie wo Kau)” won three awards at this year’s Tokyo Drama Awards, which held its ceremony on October 24, reports Daily Sports Online and Tokyo Walker.
The drama took out Best Actor, Best Drama Series, and Best Producer.
“I’m thankful for being given this prestigious award. The time I spent on this project has meant a lot to me,” Ninomiya said.
It has been reported ceremony host Koji Ishizaka teased Ninomiya, saying that “everyone in Arashi is good at acting, but aren’t you standing out a lot more than the others, Ninomiya-san?”
“No! Not at all! I can’t comment on that,” Ninomiya said in return, making the crowd laugh.
This year marks the fourth Tokyo Drama Awards. Not only do the awards celebrate acting and show quality, but it also puts the spotlight on TV dramas that show potential in an overseas market. Source: momoedgewood
As reported earlier, an award ceremony for the “Tokyo Drama Awards 2011” which was the main event of International Drama Festival in TOKYO was recently held. Ninomiya Kazunari, Suzuki Kyoka, Ashida Mana, Uchino Masaaki, Mitsushima Hikari, Nakama Yukie, Oishi Shizuka, and more showed up at the ceremony.
This is the 4th year for the “Tokyo Drama Awards”, and it recognizes superior TV dramas that have the potential to be accepted overseas, with the concept of “Japanese dramas that we want to show to the world.”
Below are the prize-winning works and prize winners.
- “Freeter, Ie wo Kau”
- “Second Virgin”
- ”99nen no Ai~JAPANESE AMERICANS~”
- ”Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien”
- “Ikon Ari Meiji 13nen Shigo no Adauchi”
- “Naze Kimi wa Zetsubou to Tatakaetanoka”
<Local Production Drama>
- “Mishiranu Waga Machi”
- “Nise Isha to Yobarete~Okinawa, Saigo no Ikaiho~”
Best Performance by an Actor
- Ninomiya Kazunari (“Freeter, Ie wo Kau”)
Best Performance by an Actress
- Suzuki Kyoka (“Second Virgin”)
- Ashida Mana (“Marumo no Okite”, “Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien”)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
- Uchino Masaaki (“JIN”)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
- Mitsushima Hikari (“Moteki”, “Sayonara Bokutachi no Youchien”)
- Oishi Shizuka (“Second Virgin”)
- Izumi Seiji (“Aibou season 9″)
- Hashimoto Fumi (“Freeter, Ie wo Kau”, “Marumo no Okite”)
- “JIN” Filming Staff