Last week, we reported that 30 members from the AKB48 family passed the initial round of auditions for the upcoming anime, ‘AKB0048‘. Out of those 30, nine would go on to become the show’s voice actresses through a public final audition.
On December 13th, the 30 girls gave their all in front of a judging panel comprised of Yasushi Akimoto, Shoji Kawamori, Toshimichi Otsuki, and sound director Jin Aketagawa. Shoji Kawamori, who’s famous for his work in ‘Macross‘ series, is the chief director behind this project, and Toshimichi Otsuki is the executive producer.
After much deliberation, it was decided that the following girls would lend their voices for the anime:
09. Watanabe Mayu (AKB48, Team B)
08. Mita Mao (NMB48, Research student)
07. Ishida Haruka (AKB48, Team B)
06. Sumire Sato (AKB48, Team B)
05. Sawako Hata (SKE48, Team KII)
04. Sayaka Nakaya (AKB48, Team A)
03. Kumi Yagami (SKE48, Team S)
02. Iwata Karen (AKB48, Research student)
01. Amina Sato (AKB48, Team A)
Honorable mentions went to four other girls for their performances: Takeuchi Miyu (AKB48, Team 4), Murashige Anna (HKT48, First class), Kinoshita Momoka (NMB48, Research student), and Furukawa Airi (SKE48, Team KII).Source: AKB0048 official website, Tokyohive
Mayuyu definitely deserves to be in, she is such an Otaku. Well, happy for Kumi and Amina!! Its finally Amina's turn to shine