The rest of the cast includes:
- Takeru Satoh as Kenshin Himura
- Emi Takei as Kaoru Kamiya
- Munetaka Aoki as Sanosuke Sagara
- Yuu Aoi as Megumi Takani
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Sōjirō Seta
- Yosuke Eguchi as Hajime Saitō
- Tatsuya Fujiwara as Makoto Shishio
- Kazufumi Miyazawa as Toshimichi Ōkubo
- Yukiyoshi Ozawa as Hirobumi Itō
- Kaito Ōyagi as Yahiko Myōjin
- Maryjun Takahashi as Yumi Komagata
- Ryōsuke Miura as Chō Sawagejō
[Spoiler (click to open)]
The blog on Satoh's official website additionally posted on Wednesday that the staff are currently filming the final scene for both films. The blog also posted a new image of Satoh as Kenshin.
The two new films, which will cover the Kyoto arc from Nobuhiro Watsuki's original historical action manga, will be titled Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire) and Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend). The films are slated to open next summer.
In addition to the two new films, Keishi Ōtomo directed the first live-action Rurouni Kenshin film, which opened in Japan last August. The first film had its North American premiere in Los Angeles in December.