The prestigious Meiji University, a private institution located in Tokyo, is offering a class on the boy band, Arashi. While this marks the first time the class will be devoted to Arashi, the class itself, a study in social psychology, has been offered for twenty years. Due to students' demands for a study on sexuality, the course has also previously discussed the band SMAP. This year's course comes at a good time—Arashi is celebrating their 15th anniversary, having debuted in 1999.
According to the syllabus, the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction - Arashi's Era
- The Culture of Johnny's Entertainment
- Before Arashi, focusing on SMAP
- Changes in Arashi's PVs - Before the big break
- Changes in Arashi's PVs - After the big break
- A comparison of the members of Arashi
- Arashi members as they appear on variety shows
- Arashi in dramas
- Arashi in concert
- Arashi and J-Pop
- Arashi and K-Pop
- Johnny's Entertainment post-Arashi
- Overview on the Era of Arashi
For the rest of us, it seems like we'll be confined to studying Arashi PVs on our own.